Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Children of the Gods

Children of the Gods (A Chosen Novel)Children of the Gods by Monica Millard
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book started off a little weird but in the end I found that I didn't want it to end. The concept of the book is a little different then other things that I have read, but once I was able to understand the thoughts and who was speaking I found that the book was very very good and well written. I enjoyed the fact that there was not a heavy emphasis on the love triangle that was present at the beginning and that the author allowed her character to overcome her previous love in order to help he family survive. She then found that she does fall in love with her new "husband".

I enjoyed the plot twists that occurred throughout the novel that helped keep me guessing and kept my attention wrapped in the story. I did think the author did the duality of the main character was very well done. She showed the two sides clearly, my only problem was that I was not used to the concept at the beginning but I was able to pick it up very easily.

I found that I really did like Reka and Jaxson, I wanted them to be able to actually fall in love, and I wish that they were going to be able to live with each other once they realized that the love was real and not a cause of the gift that Reka has. I do feel that the end is a little disappointing but you will have to read to determine why, but there is a bit of hope for the future.

If there is going to be another I cannot wait to read it, if not then I think this book would be a great stand alone novel

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this book before but after reading your review I will definitely look into it. It sounds really interesting and definitely something different to try.

    Nice review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that you enjoyed the review and I hope that you will enjoy the book itself

      Delete

Amazon SearchBox