Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Angel Evolution

Angel Evolution (The Evolution Trilogy, #1)Angel Evolution by David Estes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

If you like YA paranormal/Fantasy Romance YOU HAVE TO READ THIS BOOK, PERIOD. But DO NOT read this book from a Christian perspective of angels and demons or you will be mad or offended. Ok now that that is out of my system. This is one of the better books I have read in a long long time. It does stars four college freshmen that are pivotal in the war between a new breed of angels and demons. No love triangles in this book folks, but there is a little bit of angst, so take it as it comes. The story is amazing, with plenty of plot twists that you see and some that you don't. I enjoy reading about each and every character present. The author utilizes different POVs very very well to get the story across, and for readers who have shorter attention spans, the longest chapter in the book is maybe 20 pages, probably more like fifteen. Just all in all a really good book for fans of Angels and Demons novels, even though they are not your typical ones. And I will say this, it isn't Fallen Angels vs Angels, and there are no Nephilim, it is pure angels versus demons. All I can say is read this book and see what you think, I believe you will be pleasantly surprised with the reading it.

My favorite have to be Chris and Sam though, not because of who they are but because of their actual character. I was rooting for them since the start of the novel and I was so happy when they finally said that they loved each other. Taylor is a really good character also, she is smart and very observant, when she is able to be. The only thing I wish was different about her is that she wasn't so naive at the beginning but I think that the author did it well enough that it isn't annoying and it is done in a very realistic manner. For Gabriel, I had questions about him at the beginning, which made me question the entire novel in the first place, but it fits so well with the overall story.

So again, Love this book and if you get a chance you have to read it.

View all my reviews

5 comments:

  1. hi Michael, I saw your blog on Goodread YA blogs. I am happy to follow. I would also like to talk to you about a Book Tour. Please can you drop me an email at: gwynn@4xforum.com if you are interested.
    Thanks
    Gwynneth
    http://todayinshenaya.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review! I am thinking about reading this novel and glad to see that you liked it :)
    - Alex @ Possession of Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Alex, I am glad that I could help

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Opps, sorry about that, messed up on my post!

    I was just going to say that I too have this book in my TBR pile and after reading your review I think I need to bump it up, it sounds amazing!

    You have a wonderful blog here, it looks very nice and organized and everything flows together nicely.
    Very well done. :)

    ReplyDelete

Amazon SearchBox