Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Review of Pandemonium

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ok, I didn't like this book as much as the first, but I still really liked this book. The style was different, alternating between the events that were actually occurring and those that occurred when Lena first makes it to the Wilds. I felt that a linear sequence would have been better at some points, but I soon came to see that the flashbacks are useful in letting you learn about the characters in one section as opposed to getting a little at a time. Most of the plot though was fairly predictable, especially the last chapter except for the (view spoiler)[ twist with the kidnapping (hide spoiler)]. Once I got about 25% through the book I found that I couldn't put the book down. I do wish that Lauren Oliver would have chosen a different ending to this book, because I felt that it was very cliche and overdone. I hope that the third book will be more innovative with the story and not a rehashing of all the other YA love triangles that have become so popular today.

This book does have a lot more action in it than the previous book. This does help make everything more real for reader, and you forget that this world is fiction. Also the book definitely fits the title, as most of the book can be described as Pandemonium for Lena as she doesn't see the things around her that may or may not be obvious.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon SearchBox