Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Graceling

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1)Graceling by Kristin Cashore
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really did enjoy this book. I enjoyed seeing the maturation of Katsa and the development of her humanity from the beast that she is seen as at the beginning of the novel. The book reads quickly and flows nicely. There are jumps in the action but they are typically in spots that need to be skipped anyway. The one problem I have is that there isn't much detail into the fights that occur, most of them are simply a couple statements about what happened then the person died or that Katsa was able to escape. I did enjoy the plot twists that occured, especially with Katsa developing her character and attitude toward the world. I did have to re-read some scenes to make sure that I understood everything that was going on and to determine what was going on at times. All in all a good book that I do recommend to YA fans, it is different than most YA fantasy in that this is true Might and Magic(ish) fantasy instead of the Modern Urban Fantasy. So if you like books like LOTR, Sword of Truth, or Wheel of Time, I would suggest this book for you if you don't mind a lighter read in that genre.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon SearchBox