Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Fossegrimen Folly

 The Fossegrimen Folly (Camp Lac Igam, Book 1)The Fossegrimen Folly by Michael Almich
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

First of, WOW. I just want to say that this a really good book. I felt that I wanted to be transported to this world and become Shy, even though he was being bullied and found something that he shouldn't have. Maybe it is just because I am a guy but I really enjoyed living through Shy this entire book, I enjoyed the comradely that was developed through the camp, and even the maturation of Shy through the novel. I think the author spent adequate amounts of time on each topic, none where ran through the mud while none left you wondering about what actually happened. Also there was just enough of the Fantasy to make this a realistic story but still have that air of a fairy tale about it. I think this will set the rest of the novels in the series up well. I truly cannot wait until the next book comes out because I want to see what happens next.

Probably the only thing that I did not like about this book was Claire, she was just too stuck up for me, but I understand that there has to be that character that has their own view of how things should be done, and I think that she is done very well. I guess it is just the scenes that the author uses her in don't portray her in the best of lights.

My favorite character would have to be Tad, he just seems like the cool college guy that all of the little kids look up to. He just seems like someone I would enjoy hanging around, even at the age I am now, or I would have loved to have him as a camp councilor. He really does serve as the big brother figure to Shy throughout the novel, which is needed because Shy does not seem to have a good male figure in his life until then.

So I highly recommend this book, especially to guys who want to reconnect to their childhoods. This would be a great book to get guys interested in reading, at least imo.

View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. Great review :]
    I saw your link on the YA group post!
    I'm following you by the way.

    I think I will get this book and review too.
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Amazon SearchBox