Dragon's Lair

Dragon's Lair
Picture is from Marc Adamus

Michael's bookshelf: currently-reading

Pandemonium
0 of 5 stars true
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Amethyst Eyes

Amethyst EyesAmethyst Eyes by Debbie Brown
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I would rate this book about a 2.5. The story starts off very fast paced and honestly a little bit confusing, then after a bit it slows back down and stays slow for the rest of the book. I found it hard to get into, not sure if it was the story or what. I did enjoy the technology the alien's had and what they were able to do but everything seemed to easy for them. I would have liked for there to be more action in the novel, possible the author could have put in some parts of the aliens' technology that malfunctioned, as it is there are only four main action sequences, all of which take about a chapter each to resolve.

Another aspect of the story that was detrimental to me was the main character, Thomas. As a person I felt that he was very good, but he seemed to have a lot of abilities that a typical 15 year old farm boy would not have, and I am able to say that because I was a typical 15 year old farmboy. He seems to be able to analyse events better than most of the adults that he is around, which I find un-realistic as the adults he is around have great mental capabilites than humans.

I would also like the author to have explained the reason behind the Amethyst Eyes a little more than she did. All I got from it is that those with them have abilities and that since Thomas is the son of someone with Amethyst Eyes then he has greater abilities. But other than that, like what abilities are possessed, nothing is mentioned, at least to my knowledge.


All in all this would be good for the casual Sci-Fi fan, but if you are looking for a book with a lot of depth then this probably isn't the book for you

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon SearchBox